In this short video you will learn how to add and look up a consumer in MyIR.
Adding a Consumer
- To add a consumer first click add a consumer from the menu at the top of the page
- From this screen, you will carefully enter the consumer’s information which will eventually allow them to login to MyIR
- Please take note of the Password/Pin # that is already pre-populated. You will need to give this number to the consumer to use as their password to login to their account once this process is complete.
- Once all of the consumers information has been entered correctly, click the register button
- From this page please verify with the consumer that all the information entered is correct.
- You may click the print button to readily provide the consumer with a printable version of their information and Pin Number.
- Once you have verified that all of the information is correct, click continue.
- At this point you should know that the consumer will be sent an email to asking them to activate their account.
- Now from this next screen, you can add any additional family members and connect them to their records.
- Once all additional family members have been entered, click the “update Verified Records” button. This is what sends an HL7 message to the registry to query the consumer’s records. This query matches off of name and DOB, so it is important that you have verified that all of this information is correct.
- Once the query is complete, if matched, you will see a check mark in the status box as well as the consumer’s information below in the “matches” section.
- When finished, click the finished button to go back to your organization’s home page.
- Make sure to remind the consumer that they need to click the activation link in the email that was sent to them and enter the password /pin number that you provided them earlier in the registration process.
Looking Up a Consumer
- To get started, select “Look Up Consumer” from the top menu
- On this page, you can look up consumers who have already registered for an account.
- You may search for a consumer by first or last name, phone number, zip code, or email.
- Once you have located the desired consumer, select their name to take you to their family’s page in MyIR.
- From here, you can add additional family members and/or update any incorrect information allowing for a successful connection to the consumer’s records.
- Please double check to verify that all information has been entered correctly. Many times an outdated phone number is the reason behind an unsuccessful match.
- Then click the “Update verified Records” button to query the registry.
- If no match is found, you will need to go in to the registry to see if the consumer already has a record or if some piece of their demographic information is misspelled and if needed, update this.
- Once completed, click the “”finish” button to go back to your organization’s home page.
- If you run into any issues, please feel free to click on the “help” button and fill out the contact form to get assistance from our help desk.